Immaculate Conception Church, Kuthalur!!!

Kuthalur Parish was established in 1860 by the French Jesuit Missionaries. It was one of the largest Parishes in the R.C. Archdiocese of Madurai & the Mother Parish of many new and large parishes of today, like, Ramnagar, Devakottai, Karaikudi, Tirupattur, Kallal & Satharasanpatti in R.C. Diocese of Sivagangai.

IC Church, Kuthalur is one of the oldest churches in the region. The Church construction was started in 1860 and completed after a span of 10 years. Today, it is marching towards the completion of 150 years as a glorious and historic Parish.

The Church was fully donated by an unknown German Lady and the statue of Mother Mary in the main altar was imported from Europe.

In 2011, the Church has celebrated its 150th year Jubilee by gathering all the sons and daughters of the soil across the globe. The Church has been fully renevated by the donations given be the sons and daughters of the soils, like minded people and parishoners.

The Church and Parish has been managed by Madurai Jesuits (Society of Jesus, Madurai Province) since its incubation until 1980s, later it is being managed by Madurai and Sivagangai Diocesan priests. Rev. Dr. Antony Michael is the current parish priest and under his leadership 150th Year Jubilee was celebrated in a grand manner.